The British Columbia Rugby Union, the Provincial Sport governing body for the sport of rugby in BC, is seeking a contractor who is passionate and knowledgeable about the development of girls and women’s rugby.
The Girls Rugby Development Officer will ideally have the ability to:
• Activate a plan with Senior Women’s Provincial and National team athletes to support the development of girls’ rugby.
• Lead the activation and player recruitment for girls involved with Academy initiatives.
• Work with the BC Girls High School Rugby Association to assist in their growth, including the integration of the Provincial 7s Championship.
• Serve as team manager for any Girls 7s Provincial team tours.
• Take inventory of club programs, establish and activate a plan to integrate school programs with club offerings and BC Rugby leagues.
• Be creative in forming opportunity to promote girls rugby in British Columbia.
• Organize courses, clinics, workshops for athletes and coaches.
• Be experienced in measuring outcomes and implementing player / program tracking.
• Assist with BC Rugby programs as requested.
Location: the contractor must have the ability to meet with staff in Vancouver on a regular basis.
Term: initial contract is for 6-months with potential to extend depending on success.
Compensation: the contractor will be compensated at a monthly rate ranging from $3,200 to $3,600.
Applications: Please submit applications no later than Friday, September 28th, 2012, to the attention
Dave Brown via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.