HEAD COACH, SANTA MONICA WOMENS 15s & 7s TEAM
Reports to: SMRC Executive Board
Santa Monica Women’s Rugby Club has an immediate opening for Head Coach of the 15s & 7s program. The head coach is responsible for all aspects in developing the rugby program. Qualified candidates should possess strong communication and organizational skills as well as exceptional knowledge of the USA Rugby rules, skills and strategies.
SMWRC is part of the SCARFU Division 1 League and has made it to the national level for 4 of the past 5 years.
- Execute rugby values, a desire to perform at the highest level, an attitude of good sportsmanship and encourage this among all program participants.
- Direct training & conditioning; Developing well-structured training sessions that provide team progressions within Division.
- Coach/attend all season matches and make selections for each match as they see appropriate.
- Maintain discretion regarding player selection consideration, including discussions with players about their performance.
- Encourage the development of player’s leadership and self-reliance qualities.
- Work with the Executive Board to develop a positive team environment and united program.
- Promote the program within the community and attend Club organized events.
- Experience: Previous high school, college or club coaching is required. Previous club-level playing experience preferred.
- Demonstrate effective communication and ability to manage team dynamics appropriately.
- Salary: As established by the agreement between SMRC board members and candidate
Interested candidates please send resume & letter of interest to:
President Sarah Harris, firstname.lastname@example.org