Berkeley All Blues Coach Search – WPL Season Fall 2017
The Berkeley All Blues Women’s Rugby Club is currently seeking a Head Coach for our WPL season beginning mid-August through Women’s Premier League Nationals in mid-November 2017. The ideal candidate is committed to working with elite, senior-level female athletes to build and maintain a championship-level team.
Founded in 1978, the Berkeley All Blues are one of the country’s top women’s rugby teams. The Club has won a combined total of 15 National Championships in both 15’s and 7’s rugby. The All Blues team consists of approximately 40 women dedicated to the Club and the sport of rugby. The Club welcomes athletes of all levels and current players range from elite to novice in experience. The Club currently participates in a competitive WPL season, a competitive and developmental 7s season, and a developmental D2 season. Several players regularly compete on the Women’s National Team. The emphasis of fall season is to compete at the highest level in the Women’s Premier League with the aim to secure another National Championship.
- Attending all home and away matches for WPL and B Side, and Nationals (mid-November; Tempe, AZ).
- Evaluation of all members of the Team and determination of rosters for both a competitive Women’s Premiership League team (“WPL Side”) and a developmental team (“B Side”).
- Development and refinement of game strategies for all league and non-league matches for both WPL Side and B Side teams.
- Organization and running of all official practices for both WPL Side and B Side teams.
- Coordination and communication with Team-selected captains for both WPL Side and B Side teams.
- Providing effective feedback to individuals and the Team for maximal player and Team performance and development.
- Assistance with selection and mentorship of assistant coaching staff.
- Assistance upholding and enforcing Club policies set by the Club’s Executive Board.
Practices are held twice weekly on Tuesday and Thursday evenings in Berkeley, California. We aim to field both WPL Side and B-side squads for all matches, as numbers allow. Match schedule for the fall is not yet available. There will be approximately four away and four home matches this fall, plus the National Championship in Tempe, AZ.
Qualifications and Additional Information
Previous playing and coaching experience is required; specific experience coaching women is preferred but not necessary. Compensation is negotiable and commensurate with experience. This is not a full-time position. Unfortunately, the Club is unable to provide visa assistance. Travel expenses to away matches will be paid by the Club.
Please submit a coaching resume as well as a brief statement of coaching philosophy to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is strongly encouraged to apply by Friday, April 7th 2017 as applications will be considered on a rolling basis. For additional information about the Berkeley All Blues, please visit the club’s website at www.berkeleyallblues.com.