||Administrative and Staff Positions
||Jun 08, ’17
About Siena College:
Siena College is a learning community advancing the ideals of a liberal arts education, rooted in its identity as a Franciscan and Catholic college. Located in Loudonville, N.Y., two miles north of the state capital, the 176-acre beautiful, suburban campus is home to 3,000 undergraduates. Siena offers over 1,200 program combinations from 32 majors and 80-plus minor and certificate programs. Siena College: Providing the education of a lifetime for more than 75 years.
The Siena College Office of Student Activities and Leadership Development Siena College is accepting applications for Women’s Rugby Club Assistant Coach.
A Siena College Rugby Club coach should understand and exemplify Siena College’s mission statement and DORS values.
- Work closely with Head Coach to ensure the success of the women’s rugby program
- Complete USA Rugby Level 100 coaching course and be willing to pursue a Level 200 coaching certification.
- Complete Siena College van driving training and drive players to off-campus games
- Attend at least 3 out of 5 weekly practices
- Attend the majority of fall season 15’s weekend games, home and away, as well as spring 7’s tournaments
- Attend Siena College club sports coaches meetings and trainings
- Attend team meetings
- Ensure the health and safety of players by following all Siena College policies and regulations, specifically those regarding injury reporting.
- Plan and execute at least half and sometimes the entirety of team practices.
- Provide drills for basic skill development, basic game play, and fitness
- Coordinate off-season fitness training plans during the academic year and on breaks
- Supervise player use of Siena’s strength and conditioning room
- Assist in advising the Executive Board and team captains
- Set an example as a coach for safe play, good sportsmanship, and discipline
- Monitor and support academic success of students
- Participate in promotion and fundraising activities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong knowledge of rugby fundamental movements (ball handling, passing, rucking, tackling)
- Experience playing and or coaching rugby 15’s game play.
- Knowledgeable, or ability and desire to learn, effective metabolic conditioning and appropriate weightlifting and strength movements for women’s rugby athletes, particularly to build speed and strength for rugby 7’s.
- Basic knowledge of weightlifting
- Good driving record, in order to use college vehicles
- Strong communication and teaching skills to effectively run portions of practice.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of and commitment to College, USAR and NYSRC rules
- Experience with ruby 7’s
- Previous experience as a forward and in the scrum
- Part time position, maximum of 29 hours per week
- On average, the Assistant Coach position requires 6 hours a week for evening practices, and a minimum of 4 hours for weekend home games and up to 10 hours for weekend away games and tournaments.
- These hours are typical for when the team is in competitive season, and will vary given school breaks and game scheduling.
A Siena College Club Coach should understand and exemplify the College’s mission statement and DORS values. Siena College is a Franciscan and Catholic institution and expects members of its community to be knowledgeable about its mission and to make a positive contribution to that mission.
Siena College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applications require a cover letter and a resume. Review of applications will begin as they are received, and continue until the position is filled