- Work closely with Head Coach to ensure the success of the women’s rugby program
- Recruiting duties – the ability to connect with High School athletes and their parents are a must!
- Complete USA Rugby Level 100 coaching course and be willing to pursue a Level 200 coaching certification.
- Complete King’s College van driving training and drive players to off-campus games
- Attend the majority of fall season 15’s weekend games, home and away, as well as spring 7’s tournaments
- Attend local high school tournaments as a representative of King’s College Women’s Rugby.
- Assist Head Coach with planning and conducting team practices; periodically supervise or support captain’s practices and lifting sessions.
- Provide drills for basic skill development, basic game play, and fitness
- Assist with the development of an alumni program.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong knowledge of rugby fundamental movements (ball handling, passing, rucking, tackling)
- Experience playing and or coaching rugby.
- Knowledgeable, or ability and desire to learn, strength and conditioning principles for women’s rugby athletes.
- Good driving record, in order to use college vehicles
- Strong communication and teaching skills to effectively run portions of practice.
This is a Graduate Assistant Position. The incumbent will be provided with housing, meals, a stipend, and tuition remission for classes at King’s College.
Interested applicants can send a resume and cover letter to Christine Black, Head Coach at: firstname.lastname@example.org.