‘The Spin Pass is the most common pass you will see in rugby, especially in the 7s format. This is because the distance and accuracy of the pass is increased because of how the ball travels through the air.’ – Chris Brown, Assit. Coach USA 7’s
- Early catch – Reach for the ball.
- Hand positions:
- Back hand index finger around the mid point of the ball.
- Back hand fingers behind/ under the ball.
- Thumb must not over grip the ball.
- Ball height & position – Above hip, elbows high and keep the ball close to the body.
- Follow through – Push through the ball from the core.
- Rifles – Directed straight at to the target.
We're partnered with Improve Rugby to bring one of a kind content. Improve Rugby provides on-demand elite level coaching expertise whether short term or over an extended period. Improve Rugby’s high performance Coaches, for local through to elite sports and conditioning, have been carefully selected from decorated rugby backgrounds. With a wealth of international rugby experience, they have created many professional rugby athletes and assisted elite teams into higher honors, from World Cup and Olympic participants. Their coaching network works across a multitude of disciplines and has worked with many recognized organizations. For more details, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.