WEST WOMEN’S SEVENS RUGBY CAMP
June 2-4, 2006
The coaching staff of Michelle Persica (Head Coach), Deena Telley (Assistant Coach), and Karen Monson (Manager) would like to invite you to attend the West Women’s Sevens Rugby camp in Austin, Texas on June 2-4, 2006 at Austin High School.
Last year the team had greater success at the Cape Cod Tournament in Cape Cod, Massachusetts than in the past and proceeded to maintain its position at National All-Star Championships in Boulder, Colorado.
We want to take an even stronger, fitter, faster and more aggressive team to the Cape Fear tournament in Wilmington, North Carolina and the National All-Star Championships in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This is an opportunity for you to represent the West, your local area union and your club team!
In addition, your participation on the West Women’s Sevens team gives you an opportunity to be seen by the coaches for the National Women’s Sevens team. We want to guide you in your journey to play on the USA Women’s Sevens team. In order to build a more successful team we have included camp criteria. Some of the testing criteria was used at the USA Women’s Sevens camp this past year.
Guidelines to attend the camp are as follows:
1. Currently CIPP registered. DO NOT COME TO CAMP IF YOU ARE NOT REGISTERED.
2. Played rugby at least one full year.
3. Will be available for the Cape Fear Tournament in Wilmington, North Carolina (June 29-July 2) and the National All-Star Tournament in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (August 24-27).
4. Run at least a 5.5 40 yard dash
5. Perform at least 30 push-ups in one minute
6. Perform at least 45 military sit-ups in one minute
7. Perform a proper power lift move-Snatch
8. Perform a proper power lift move-Clean and Jerk
9. Perform a proper power lift move-Squat
10. Perform 10 underhand pull-ups
11. Perform a proper vertical jump onto a 24 inch high platform for 30 seconds
12. Run an endurance test (bleep or 10-100 yard dash timed run and recovery).
13. Camp Fee is $40.00 (includes fees for the fields and referees, water, snacks, lunch and a camp t-shirt).
Please note that these guidelines are just that, guidelines. Do not miss camp because of fear, doubt, unknown performance measures or misconstrued information. Let me know what is going on and we can work on your dilemma or your questions. I am here to help you attain your goals in rugby. Trust and communication is necessary!
It is our goal to have you all housed by the local rugby teams, Deena Telley or myself. It is our intention to save you money, use the West budget wisely, and fundraise in order to cover our expenses for the season. However, if you choose to stay in a hotel or rent a car, you are responsible for the funding and getting to the appropriate places on time.
In addition, immediately after you have decided to attend the camp, you must contact Karen Monson (email/phone) with your travel arrangements. Shortly thereafter, I’ll send a more detailed itinerary, a list of special need items for the weekend, a sample nutritional program and a fitness program.
The camp itinerary is as follows (schedule subject to change):
Friday June 2, 2006 at Austin High School
7pm-9pm Weight Lifting Techniques
Saturday June 3, 2006 at Austin High School
9a-12p Fitness Testing
5p-5:30p Q and A
5:30p-10p Head to my second home for swimming, eating and relaxing
Sunday June 4, 2006 at Burr Field
12:30p-1p Q and A
1p-1:30p Hugs and Kisses
1:30p Head to the airport or get on the road
*The team will be announced no later than Friday, June 9th.
If you have any questions you may contact me or the following staff at:
We look forward to seeing you in Austin for the West Women’s Sevens camp!
With great support,