Reporting to: General Manager, National Teams & Performance
Status: Full Time/Exempt
Location: Elite Training Center, Chula Vista, California
About USA Rugby
Founded in 1975, USA Rugby is the national governing body for the sport of rugby in America, and a full Sport Member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and World Rugby.
Currently headquartered in Lafayette, Colorado, USA Rugby is charged with developing the game on all levels and has over 118,000 active members. USA Rugby oversees four national teams, multiple youth, collegiate and high school programs, an emerging Olympic development pathway for elite athletes and is currently experiencing explosive growth across all areas of the game. Rugby is the fastest growing team sport in America
The Women’s High Performance General Manager (WHP-GM) will manage all aspects of the USA Rugby Women’s National Team Programs in coordination with the High-Performance department. The WHP-GM is responsible for all logistical organization, budget management, pitch-side management at international matches and direct communication with players and team staff members. The WHP-GM will serve as the primary driver for accelerating the growth of NCAA women’s rugby, as part of overseeing the women’s high-performance pathway for 7s and 15s.
- Work with the General Manager of Performance, Team Services Manager and Men’s 15s Coaching/Support Staff on all elements of planning and organization for Women’s Eagles’ assemblies (7s and 15s);
- Serve as liaison with multiple entities, internal and external, to proactively advocate for player welfare including medical, educational, compensatory and career advancement.
- Provide statistical analysis of data in relation to National teams.
- Manage the team budget for tours and assemblies and financial reconciliation upon conclusion of an assembly (7s and 15s).
- Oversee and implement sustained fund-raising events and groups in conjunction with the USA Rugby Trust.
- Provide HP Team Services with team requirements for all training camps and matches in sufficient time to execute instructions efficiently and in a cost-effective manner.
- Coordinate all assembly logistics and administrative functions, ensuring all team needs are met within budget parameters
- Coordinate with USA Communications department to ensure proactive media coverage, story development/telling for players and teams.
- Clearly identify and define a Women’s pathway from age grade through the Olympic movement for both 15’s and 7’s
- Work with the Performance Game Board, Club Strategic Committee, College Management Council structure to shape and guide the development of the
- Women’s Elite College & Club Sevens and Fifteens programs and competitions.
The Women’s High Performance General Manager (WHP-GM) has sufficient authority to take measures that are necessary in the day-to-day operations of the women’s national programs in accordance with budgetary limitations, program plans, and USA Rugby policies and procedures. Beyond these limits, decisions must be approved by the GM-Performance or the CEO.
Qualifications: Experience, Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Proven leadership experience at Director+ level including setting of and delivering against long term strategic plans and annual business plans
- Experience of leading and managing diverse teams and individuals
- Experience of working with diverse range of stakeholders and proven success at building and maintaining excellent working relationships with these stakeholders through periods of debate, negotiation and across varied business cycles
- Experience and knowledge of USA Rugby community including either playing, coaching, managing or administering the game; Excellent technical knowledge of rugby
- Deep managerial skills including people management, change management, problem solving, decision making, budgetary planning and deliverDynamic, strong, collaborative leader with a desire to get the best out of people and teams
- Exceptionally high standards and a winning mentality
- Creative problem solver, excellent judgement and proven willingness to make tough decisions
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to draw a wider variety of elements into a common strategy and purpose