Look at us, two weeks in a row we made our update! The top news this week includes:
- Kendra Cocksedge has had a heck of year, most recently winning the New Zealand Kelvin R Tremain Memorial player of the year award, beating All Blacks Brodie Retallick, Richie Mo’unga and Codie Taylor, and she also collected the women’s player of the year gong along with the Fiao’o Faamausili Medal awarded to the Farah Palmer Cup’s best player.
- Applications for 2019 World Rugby Women in Leadership Development Scholarship are open until December 31
- Portia Woodman dropped a video called “DEAR LITTLE GIRL” and it’s awesome!
- Scottish Rugby announced the final league and competitions structure for the Tennent’s Women’s League and Cup competitions for 2019
- Q&A with Tiffany Faaee, first woman to coach men’s professional rugby in U.S.
- 1st annual WRWCA conference, full recap available here: https://scrumhalfconnection.com/2018/12/14/2018-wrcra-womeninrugby-conference-recap/
- Emily Hsieh’s rise to International rugby refereeing