|Job Title:||Head Coach|
|Location:||San Antonio, Texas|
|Start Date:||January 3rd, 2022|
Per Week – 3 hours (2 – 1.5 hour practices on M &W) 2 hours (practice planning)
Game Days – 3 hours + travel time
|Responsible to:||Club Board|
|Compensation:||$1200 annually, to be paid in 2 installments—one in May, one in December|
Develop a seasonal plan with clear objectives and key performance indicators. Coordinate and deliver a high-quality coaching program for the San Antonio Riveters Women’s Rugby Club that increases
participation and performance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and implement a high-quality coaching program to maximize participation and performance.
- Create a seasonal objective plan for the team and individual players or groups (e.g. backs & forwards).
- Undertake the necessary planning for each activity session to ensure the program progresses throughout the season and is linked to the principles and objectives of the seasonal plan.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of an innovative/creative practice plan to attract new participants of all levels and create pathways for continued
- Ensure all equipment associated with the coaching program is correctly set up in a timely manner (maintained, stored, and returned upon completion of the practice programs).
- Understand fully and adhere to San Antonio Riveters Women’s Rugby Club, Texas Rugby Union, SafeSport, and U.S.A. Rugby policies, codes, and
- Provide appropriate mentoring, support, and guidance to players through feedback, player reviews,
- Take responsibility for their own continuous professional development and attend relevant training courses to improve their coaching
– Hold a USA Rugby Level 200 Coaching Qualification (minimum)
– Hold a valid First Aid Certificate
– Have a minimum of 3 years coaching experience in a paid or voluntary capacity, ideally in a range of environments including schools, clubs, community, etc.
Skills & Competencies
– Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and delegate effectively
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Be organized and effectively utilize and optimize practice time
– Be self-motivated with the ability to enthuse a wide rand of participants
– Have strong time management skills and ability to manage a group of participants effectively
– Attend all training sessions and games
– Open to receiving feedback
To apply, send an email with your resume and a 1.5 hour sample practice plan to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
Interviews to follow.