Position reports to: President, Madison United Rugby (“MUR”) Board of Directors, or Vice President in absence of President.
Position Summary: The Executive Director (ED) serves as MUR’s chief administrative officer, managing the operation and leading the development of MUR with the help of paid staff and dedicated volunteers. The ED promotes the mission of MUR through long-range planning, fundraising, administration, programming, education and outreach, according to policies established by the MUR Board. A strategic focus of the Executive Director will be leading MUR in developing youth rugby in the Dane County area. This is a half-time position (20 hours per week) with an annual salary of $26,000 per year.
- 1. Serve as the administrative head of MUR to include, but not be limited to managing the following functions:
- Develop and monitor MUR operational and capital budgets
- Oversee the daily activities of MUR, both at the Wisconsin Rugby Sports Complex (Cottage Grove, Wis.) and other rugby venues in the greater Madison region
- Complete short-term and long-term MUR goals as approved by the MUR Board
- Oversee ongoing maintenance of Wisconsin Rugby Sports Complex buildings and grounds
- Recruit, Develop and Manage MUR paid staff and volunteers
- Develop plan with MUR youth coaches and board to grow and expand youth rugby in the greater Madison region. Grow Boys and Girls Youth Rugby in 3 main areas:
- Elementary school (Flag / Non-Contact)
- Middle School (Contact tackle rugby)
- High School Boys and Girls (Contact tackle rugby)
- Serve as the MUR’s primary spokesperson and ambassador within the greater Madison region, Midwest, and USA Rugby communities. Serve as an ambassador to organizations, groups, and individuals participating in activities that promote and further the Mission of MUR
- Lead fundraising efforts for MUR through marketing, sponsorships, donations, grants, and planned giving.
- Identify potential funding sources to further the mission and the goals of
- Prepare strategic plans and campaigns in collaboration with MUR board
Minimum Number of Years and type of relevant work experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in business or related field of study or a minimum of five years work experience, including management of people, budgeting, and decision-making.
- Experience in a related field such as non-profit management, parks management, youth and sports administration, etc. Experience with fundraising, marketing, and grant writing is preferred. A strong passion for rugby is preferred, but rugby knowledge is not a requirement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including computer skills and social media awareness. Microsoft Office, Google documents, and social media (Facebook, Twitter) knowledge required.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to develop rapport and collaborate with business and community members.
- Ability to manage plans, budgets, and projects.
- Ability to develop and promote fundraising programs.
- Needs to be a self-starter.
A background check will be conducted prior to hiring.
Application Requirements: Cover letter, resume, and three professional references.
How To Apply: Email cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com, Attention: MUR President.
More about Madison United Rugby: Madison United Rugby is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization comprised of adult, collegiate, and youth rugby teams in the greater Madison, Wis., region. The primary purpose of Madison United Rugby shall be to support and develop amateur athletes for national and international amateur competition in the sport of rugby. To advance the primary purpose, Madison United Rugby will coordinate and develop rugby related endeavors in support of its member rugby clubs. Please visit madisonunited.org to learn more about our member teams, facility, and community service.