The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Women’s Rugby Club has an immediate opening for the position of Head Coach. Our club is seeking to fill these positions with an experienced coach to continue the program’s track record of excellence, and who shares our commitment to development of both the player and the person.
UNCWRFC is a Division 1 club program competing in the Blue Ridge Rugby Conference. In the last ten years of 15s competition, the club has finished in the national Round of 4 once, the Round of 8 three times and the Round of 16 four times. During the same time period, it has also competed in the USA Rugby Collegiate 7s championships on two occasions, and the CRCs twice.
We are seeking a head coach to join the Carolina Rugby family. The ideal candidate will be capable of building on the program’s success, and of pushing the development of its players both on the field and away from it.
Duties & Responsibilities:
As the Head Coach, you will run a competitive club sport Women’s Rugby program. Coaching duties include:
- Abide by the highest standards of student-athlete welfare
- Cultivate a long term plan for success on and off the field. Plan and deliver practice sessions that contribute to the achievement of that plan.
- In collaboration with the Club’s student leadership: Create, develop and implement an effective recruitment plan.
- Generate a strategy in which developing players of all skill levels is a priority.
- Participate and advise in the clubs fundraising activities.
- Advise the Club’s student leadership on best practices in running a Division I college rugby program.
- Must be willing and able to work non-regular hours, evenings, and weekends, to achieve the objectives of the position.
In addition to on field coaching, you will work with the UNC sports club department, UNC sports medical staff and team leadership to ensure the program remains compliant with all university policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in experience and education.
- Level 200 USA Rugby Coach Certification or ability to secure one within 6 months of start date.
- College Rugby and or/coaching experience required.
- Successful proven experience recruiting non-scholarship athletes.
- Outstanding technical, tactical and strategic knowledge of rugby.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Proven track record of consistently modeling positive behaviors at all times.
- Ability to travel with the team, occasionally including overnight trips.
- Valid, unrestricted U.S. driver’s license, or ability to attain same by hire date is required.
- Desire to represent the philosophy goals of UNC Women’s Rugby and of the University of North Carolina
- USA Rugby Level 300 Coaching Certification or higher.
- 3-5 years coaching experience, with a preference for successful prior experience working with female athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent international diploma.
- The application deadline is August 20th with the anticipated start date during the fall of 2019. To apply for the position, please CLICK HERE and complete the online form and submit your cover letter, resume and a list of references. Only PDF format will be accepted for the resume and cover letter. Phone Interviews will begin after the application deadline. Further information regarding the Women’s Rugby Club at the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill can be found at http://rugby.web.unc.edu/.