The Women’s Rugby Coaches and Referees Association (WRCRA) is hosting their second annual conference January 17-19 in Atlanta, GA.
Women’s Rugby has been built by generations of women who are unapologetic about who they are and the ways diverse identities contribute to positive team cultures. The 2020 WRCRA Conference will explore this connection between personal identity, team culture and winning. We will provide participants with rich conversation, inspiring presenters and actionable ideas to support the growth of girls and women’s rugby.
I (Wendy) attended the event last year and it was absolutely fantastic. I thought the panels were so incredible, filled with strong women that had valid viewpoints. We made plans for the future of women’s rugby and everyone in the room was included.
The networking events were plentiful and it was so nice to catch up with old friends and make new acquaintances. Sadly I can’t make it this year but I plan to make this an annual event on my calendar for years to come!
We urge you register today and support this women in rugby conference, a one-of-a kind experience. Also consider joining the WRCRA to become a formal member of the organization.
- Opening Keynote – Winning Without Apology
- Shannon Miller
- Saturday Keynote – Capitalizing on Winning: Investing in our Diversity
- Pam Kosanke
- Panel – We Make the Road by Walking: Building and Sustaining Racially Diverse Teams
- Rosalind Chou, Farrah Douglas, Koma Gandy Fischbein, Phaidra Knight
- Panel – Bodies Out of Bounds: Rugby’s Unique Relationship to Gender and Sexual Minorities
- Gwen DeGroff-Gunter, JJ Javelet, Jenn Levi, Shannon Minter, Kris Moore
- Panel – What Rugby Taught Me About Winning
- Kris Hermanns, Jenn Levi
- Julie Lau
- Monica VanBuskirk
- Kittery Wagner Ruiz
- Alycia Washington
- Emilie Bydwell
- Becky Carlson